LSM returns to London this weekend, so here’s some useful tips before you go from someone who attended last year’s event:
- Read Brant Cooper’s book The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Customer Development & Eric Reis’ The Lean Startup (even though you’ll get copies of these it’s worth having a background to the approach)
- Have an idea to pitch (and prepared 60 second presentation – no slides required) and jot down the assumptions you’ve based this product on
- Do some research on the mentors and get a feel for what their specialities are, so you can make the most of their experience throughout the weekend
- Ideally have some way of recording audio
- Wear some good walking shoes! You’ll be doing a lot of ‘getting out of the building’…
- “Pitch the problem, not the solution”.
- Check out these essential tools that will help you validate/invalidate your assumptions (and take your ideas forward after the event)
The weekend will radically change the way you think about product development and help you whether you’re an entrepreneur, designer, developer or just someone interested in creating products that people need, want and love. (And Forward Technology are great hosts)
And finally, enjoy it! You’ll meet some great people and learn loads.